BREEAM In-Use is a new scheme to help building managers reduce the running costs and improve the environmental performance of existing buildings. BREEAM in-use is an internationally recognised standard, attaining a rating can help building managers to:
- Reduce operational costs.
- Enhance the value and marketability of property assets.
- Give a transparent platform for negotiating building improvements with landlords and owners.
- Provide a route to compliance with environmental legislation and standards, such as energy labelling and ISO 14001.
- Give greater engagement with staff in implementing sustainable business practices.
- Provide opportunities to improve staff satisfaction with the working environment with the potential for significant improvements in productivity.
- Demonstrate your commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
- Improve organisational effectiveness.
- Provide a genuine badge of proven sustainability.
There are three options the building manager can take when considering what type of BREEAM in –use rating they require:
- Asset rating – the performance of the building
- Management Rating – the performance of management policies, procedures and practices
- Organisational Rating – the understanding and implementation of management policies, procedures and practices
BREEAM in-use covers major environmental issues which affect buildings through out their operational life including:
- Energy and greenhouse gas emissions
- Air Quality
- Property Protection
- Fire Protection
footPRINT were amongst the first to qualify to provide the BREEAM in-use standard. Through also providing the commercial EPC, DEC and mobile CAD survey we are better positioned to help buildings attain the desired higher rating in proceeding years. We work closely with our clients to guide them through the process and feel it is our role to advise and help where we can to achieve higher ratings year on year.
For Further details please contact us by clicking here.